|Vitamin B2 (RIBOFLAVIN)|
In this Article We Are Providing Some Useful and helpful Info About Vitamin B2 (RIBOFLAVIN) | Functions | Natural Source | Daily Requirement.
Functions Of Vitamin B2 (RIBOFLAVIN)
- It works as a coenzyme in tissue oxidation and respiration, and is involved in metabolism in protein, carbohydrate and fat.
- It is necessary for normal growth and for the fine conditions of skin and eyes.
- It promotes general health and helps body cells in using oxygen for release of energy from food.
- It renders the urine a green fluorescence.
- It promotes vigor and helps in looking young.
- It prevents constipation and protects eyes against glaucoma. It strengthens the muscles and nerves of the eyes.
Natural Source Of Vitamin B2 (RIBOFLAVIN)
Its richest natural sources are milk, eggs, liver, kidney and green leafy vegetables. Meat and fish contain small amounts.
Cereals (whether whole or milled) and pulses are relatively poor sources but because of the bulk in which they are consumed, the contribute much of the riboflavin to Indian diets.
Germination increases the riboflavin content of pulses and cereals.
Daily Requirment Of Vitamin B2 (RIBOFLAVIN)
Daily requirement is 0.6 per 1000 kcal of energy intake.