|Vitamin B3 (NIACIN)|
In This Article We Are Providing Some Useful and helpful Info About Vitamin B3 (NIACIN) | Functions | Natural Source | Daily Requirement.
Function Of Vitamin B3 (NIACIN)
- It is vital for the proper functioning of the skin, intestinal tract and the nervous system.
- It provides for good memory and sound sleep.
- It helps in synthesis of the sex hormones, and also cortisone, thyroxin, and insulin.
- It is essential for growth, metabolism and tissue oxidation.
- It helps in formation of fats from carbohydrates.
- It may reduce plasma lipid concentration.
- It has stimulating effect on central nervous system.
- It produces pronounced transient vasodilatation with flushing of face on therapeutic doses.
- It helps in prevention of pellagral migraine, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, blood clots, and diarrhoea.
Natural Source Of Vitamin B3 (NIACIN)
Vitamin B3 (NIACIN) is found in both plant and animal foods.
Important sources are groundnut, whole cereals, pulses, liver, meat and fish. Germinated pulses and cereals are rich in Niacin.
Daily Requirment Of Vitamin B3 (NIACIN)
Its daily requirement is 15-29 mg for men and 13-15 mg for women.