Any kind of disease as piles is the cause of bleeding from the anus. Moles appear in the anus because of which blood comes with stool from the anus.
Anal bleeding can be a sign of many different problems. Some causes can be serious, which is why it should be checked out by your doctor.
Bright red blood may be seen only on toilet paper or in the toilet bowl after a bowel movement – not mixed freely with the bowel motion. This type of bleeding is usually caused by haemorrhoids (piles) or anal fissure.
Blood mixed into the bowel movement usually means trouble further up from the anus: it may indicate an inflamed rectum or colon (large intestine or bowel). This type of bleeding can be caused by a serious condition, and you may have other symptoms as well.
- A haemorrhoid is a swollen vein inside the anus.
- A fissure is a split in the lining of the anus.
- Both can be caused by constipation, and may cause difficult and painful bowel movements.
Blood mixed into the bowel motion may also indicate bowel cancer. Bowel cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in New Zealand. Polyps may be found before the cancer develops. Polyps are small growths from the inner lining of the colon. They may cause minor bleeding.
Maroon or black blood is usually caused by bleeding higher in the gut.
- sharp anal pain
- mucus and pus in the bowel motions
- abdominal pain
- tiredness and being unusually pale – which may be a sign of anaemia (low blood count).
- Bleeding ulcers in the stomach or high in the small intestine cause black or tarry bowel motions.
- Overuse of alcohol, aspirin or other anti-inflammatory medication can cause bleeding higher in the gut.
- Iron pills cause black bowel motions but don’t cause bleeding.
When to see your doctor
If you notice either bright red or black/tarry anal bleeding, see your doctor as soon as possible. If your bleeding is non-stop or in large amounts, go to the emergency department immediately.
You may need tests to find the cause of the bleeding. These could include X-rays or endoscopic procedures such as a colonoscopy. A colonoscopy is the passage of a long, flexible tube through the colon, which allows doctors to see what is happening inside it.(source: https://www.health.govt.nz/your-health/conditions-and-treatments/diseases-and-illnesses/bleeding-anus )
Treatment Of Bleeding From The Anus(hemmorrhage) With Different Medicines:
1. Aluman: When the patient evacuates stool, blood comes with stool. Blood piles or addiction of wine may be the causes of such kinds of symptoms. A patient of this kind gets relief if he takes Aluman-6 at regular gaps of four hours.
2. Alumina: When the patient urinates, he suffers from excessive bleeding from the anus and evacuates stool like small pieces followed by bleeding. Blood comes in the form of clots and bleeding while evacuating stool. These are the other symptoms of the patient. The patient who has such symptoms should take alumina-6 at the regular intervals of four hours to get relief.
3. Sanguinaria: If clots of the blood have been coming from the anus in the form of dilute blood like water, the use of Sanguinaria proves very beneficial. Mother tincture of this medicine can also been taken. This medicine is very beneficial for the treatment of cancer of the anus.
4. Hemelis: The patient should take mother tincture of Hemelis or Hemelis-6 to get relief if the patient has been suffering from black blood from the anus without pain.
5. Phosphorus: The patient should take phosphorus 30 if he has been suffering from bleeding from the anus along with the excretion of wind.
6. Lechesis: If blood comes from the anus of a menstruant during menses, the use of the medicine named Lechesis provides a lot of relief to the patient.
7. Aemonia carb: If blood flows from the anus after evacuation of stool, the patient should take Aemonia Carb-6 for treatment. Its use proves very beneficial.
8. Nitric acid: The use of the medicine named Nitric Acid-6 proves very beneficial if there is bleeding from the anus because of any reason. The patient can take the medicine named Muriatic Acid in the stage too.
9. Kaukas: if black colored blood with threads of cotton comes from the anus and black threads appear, the patient should take Kaukas-30 in this stage for treatment.